today turned out to be a pretty perfect day!
you know, except for the getting no sleep last night thing and the alarm going off at 4:30 thing.
i was a bit nervous going into the day, seeing as i’m always so socially awkward at internet meetups. but i picked chicago for a reason, because i knew that i would at least know one person there. it turned out to be a fantastic decision.
- of course, i got to hang out with claire for a few hours, which is never short of entertaining.
- i got to meet kris, kate & kristin before the run, which was awesome.
- i ran with my favorite boy.
- i picked us both up a new do life shirt (mine is totally worn out).
- we hung out in the park. even though the grass makes my legs all itchy, it was fun to just sit there and enjoy everyone’s company. even though i was forced to sit next to this guy.
- we ate at panara. naturally.
- made plans to see this girl when i’m back in the city in a couple weeks.
- went and picked up a couple cupcakes, i’m saving mine for tomorrow when i’m less full.
- took a tour of wrigley field, which was pretty awesome. it was so cool to get a look inside the clubhouses! i only wish we would have been able to go on the field.
- we walked across to the street to the cubbie bear and had a very yummy dinner.
- i somehow managed to navigate us out of the city back toward the south.
we finally made it home and i am ready to crash. i can’t believe how amazing today was.
y’all know how awkward i am, but today, i felt normal.
this is huge.